Sunday, March 16, 2014

Music to Uplift the Spirit

Music: an art form whose medium is silence and sound. The word originates from the greek μουσική, the "art of the Muses".
Used properly it is an excellent medium that can smooth our soul and uplift our spirit.

Here are some of my favorite pieces that work fine for me:

My wake up tune, from one of my favorite musicals

From the land of the Incas

Anything from Hatzidakis and The Clouds in particular

An old recording from Stampen Jazz Club in Stockholm

Miriam Makeba and Pata Pata

An ... anthem

Any uplifting song needs some sunshine

Can you honestly not sing, dance, or even smile with this one? 

And remember, when life gets you down... 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing, it really worked, I need these songs so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know that these songs work for others too :)
    And we can always add to the list, here.

    ReplyDelete