Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Doers


During a class today, a student shared an opportunity that showed up and the action he needed to take. Asking him what he needed to move forward with his plan, he just replied “nothing; I will just do it!”.

For me, this is always music to my ears. “I’ll just do it.” Simple; clear; determined.
A phrase that pretty accurately reflects my philosophy.

As a coach I am often called to explore with my clients possible obstacles, obvious or underlying, that block them. What I have found is that what separates those who take action and move forward, from those who don’t, is not necessarily the strategy that they develop to overcome the obstacles. In both cases, some knots are to be solved and others to be cut.
What separates them is their determination and commitment. They know that there is no walled journey and this is not a discouragement.
They believe in the purpose of the end result that they want to create.
They have a positive outlook on life. That doesn’t mean that they are naively optimist, but that they choose to stay strong, believe in the power of their drop and just do it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment